Failure of May 2010 Philippines Election

May 10, 2010 is fast approaching. Rumors say that there will be a military takeover after the May 2010 Elections. Why? Because there’s a widespread doubt in the election results in part of its failed automation, the military will be forced to take over to prevent chaos in the streets. When this thing happened, the Generals will take over the Philippines and the whole archipelago will be under the military rule once again. Think Marcos regime (okay I was not born when that thing happened).

If there will be a failure of election a lot of foreign investors will withdraw from their Philippines investment. Philippines Peso will hit its lowest point. A lot of businesses will be closed. The whole Philippines industry will collapse. The Philippines stock market will crash. It will experience the greatest dip after the 2008 financial crisis.

Okay, this is just a rumor. We’re not sure if there will be a failure of election or the election will go smoothly and a new President is elected. That’s uncertainty. We’re not sure what will happen next. But one thing is for sure, our country will overcome whatever challenges Philippines may face.

Our country already went through a lot of dips. There are a lot of rebellions, a lot of political rallies, EDSA 1, EDSA 2 etc. But what happened, we’re still here. We survived those demonstrations. We survived those famines. Our country is still alive and still kicking. So I’m sure that whatever challenges our country may face we can overcome it.

Just like in our lives. How many challenges have you encountered over your lifetime? One? Two? Three? For sure you’ve lost your count already. What did you do to resolve those challenges? What have you learned from those challenges? I know for sure you already overcame the challenges five years ago. I know for sure you already have recovered from those dips.

Before I conclude this post, let me share you a line shared by Jon Escoto last week on Laguna Feast. He said that Life is not what happen to you but rather what you do to the things that happened to you.

If we can change ourselves and choose to work for the improvement our country I believe we can have a great country. A great country deserves a great leader.



PS. Hope you've done your researches about the candidates (both local and national) already. In case you haven't, I suggest you to watch Votebook (you may search Votebook 2010 in Google) a special program of GMA 7 about the 2010 Presidentiables. Vote wisely.  


Get your free life lessons. Enter your email address below

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails