Walk or Wait?

Last Wednesday, I was 2 blocks away form my destination when I was caught in a traffic jam. That time, I have two options: (1) get off the jeep and walk or (2) wait for the jeep to stop at my destination then get off.
 
Here are the risks of the first option
  1. I’ll sweat by walking two blocks
  2. I don’t know if I’ll arrive at my destination faster as compared to waiting for the jeep to go
Here are the risks of the second option
  1. I’ll be waiting inside the jeep while doing nothing
  2. I don’t know if I’ll arrive at my destination faster as compared to walking
Either way, I’ll reach my destination. But which option is faster? First or second? We’ll never know the right option unless we choose or until we get there.

If you were in that situation what will you do? Walk or wait?

Same goes in our lives. We’ll never know the future unless we try. We’ll never know the better option unless we choose. But one thing is for sure. Regret of doing nothing is much painful as compared to pain experienced when trying an option.

So which option did I choose?

I walked.

That time, it’s the right thing to do.

So, if you’re stuck and you have options to choose from, choose. You’ll never know which option will bring failure or success but at the end, trust me, you know better. 

Get your free life lessons. Enter your email address below

2 comments:

Mike said...

Nice article. So simplified and I can really relate to it. I always feel the fear of trying things that is not so familiar or comfortable for me. But the guilt is far more greater, thinking of so many what if's.

elvinperia said...

thanks for appreciating. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails